Jen Hackler is a Psychotherapist & Somatic Experiencing Practitioner specializing in individual, couples and family therapy and maintains a private practice in Silver Spring, MD.
With over 17 years experience as psychotherapist and as a graduate of Catholic University specializing in grief & loss, trauma, addictions recovery, relationship issues, depression, anxiety, gay & lesbian issues and Somatic Experiencing she is currently serving as private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients.
Jen is an interactive, solution-focused therapist. Her nonjudgmental therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, she works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Wendt Center for Loss and Healing
Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
Since 1999 Jen has been part of a team of Wendt Center therapists who assist victims of homicide, suicide or accidents during the body identification process at the DC morgue. This unique professional experience of providing emotional and practical guidance to families during such difficult times has shaped Jen's personal and professional life in amazing ways. Jen feels deep gratitude to be part of a team of therapists who believe honoring the lives of our dead as their survivors heal is nothing short of an enormous honor.
Catholic University of America - (MSW) 1997
American University (BA International Studies) 1987
Washington School of Psychiatry: Clinical Program on Psychotherapy Practice (1998-2000)
Washington School of Psychiatry: Group Psychotherapy Training Program (2000-2002)
Institute of Contemporary Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis: Couples Training Program (2004)
Trauma Training Certificate: University of Maryland (2003)
* Somatic Experiencing Practitioner: Foundation for Human Enrichment/Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute (2007-2009)
* NeuroAffective Relational Model - Attachment Styles with Larry Heller, Dec 2009
* Working with Affective (Emotional) Symptoms with Greater Efficiency (Part 2) with Raja Selvman, PhD. New York City - Sept 2010
* Touch Skills Training for Trauma Therapists with Kathy Kain (2012-2013)
* Somatic Resilience & Regulation After Early Trauma (with Kathy Kain & Steve Terrell) completed January, 2014
* "SE Master Class: Advanced Bodywork, Polyvagal Theory & Complex Syndromes" with Peter Levine. Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute April 2013 - Corte Madera, CA
* DARe / SATe (Dynamic Attachment Re-patterning experience / Somatic Attachment Training experience)
Module 1 - Healing Attachment Woulds & Embracing the Authentic Self
Module 2 - Creating Healthy Adult Relationships
* Prenatal & Birth Therapy Womb Surround Process Workshop -with Ray Castellino April, 2014
* PACt - Psychobiological Approach to Couples training with Stan Tatkin (Year 1 in process 2014)
Professional Activities and Memberships
Member - Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis, Greater Washington Society for Clinical Social Work, Washington School of Psychiatry
"Here Is My Chance" in Voices: The Art & Science of Psychotherapy. Journal of the American Academy of Psychotherapists. Summer 2013.